CLEAR OUT MUCUS & PHLEGM.
BENYLIN® EXTRA STRENGTH MUCUS & PHLEGM PLUS COLD RELIEF Syrup works in your lungs to break up your tough mucus and phlegm, and clear it from your chest when you cough. It also provides fast acting relief of your bothersome cold symptoms.
Fast, effective relief of:
- MUCUS & PHLEGM
- Chest congestion
- Dry Cough
- Nasal Congestion
- Sinus Pain
- Aches & Pains
Packaged in bottles of 180 mL.
Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings). Shake well before using.
Adult Use Only (12 years and older): Take 2 tbsp. (30 mL) every 6 hours. Do not take more than 8 tbsp. (120 mL) in 24 hours.
Warnings: Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day.
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of these symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with other products containing acetaminophen or other cough/cold or pain/fever medications. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen or the other medicinal ingredients, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if allergic to any of the ingredients
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you
- have been told that your body breaks down drugs slowly or taking other medications including the blood thinning drug warfarin
- have heart or thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- kidney or liver disease
- difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- have difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions as these could be signs of serious condition.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms last for more than 5 days
- fever lasts for more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- nervousness, dizziness, sleeplessness or new symptoms occur or symptoms worsen
- are accompanied by a high fever (>38°C), persistent headache or the production of thick, yellow/green phlegm.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child. Use only on advice of a doctor.
In Case of Overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Other information: Read the complete carton and label before use and follow all directions. Do not use if bottle seal is broken or missing. Child resistant package. Store at 15 to 30°C.
EACH 30 ML OR 2 TABLESPOONFULS (TBSP.) CONTAINS:
Controls dry cough
Relieves stuffy nose and nasal congestion.
Relieves chest congestion.
Acetaminophen (Extra Strength)
Relieves pain, fever, headache and sore throat pain.