BENYLIN® Mucus & Phlegm Cold Relief Syrup
Sirop BENYLIN® Anti-mucosités Plus soulagement du rhume
BENYLIN® EXTRA STRENGTH MUCUS & PHLEGM PLUS COLD RELIEF Syrup works in your lungs to break up your tough mucus and phlegm, and clear it from your chest when you cough. It also provides fast acting relief of your bothersome cold symptoms.
Fast relief of:
- MUCUS & PHLEGM
- Chest congestion
- Sore Throat Pain
- Dry Cough
- Nasal Congestion
- Aches & Pains
Packaged in bottles of 180 mL.
- Use only on advice of a doctor
- Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings)
- Shake well before using.
- Adult Use Only (12 years and older):
- Take 2 tbsp. (30 mL) every 6 hours
- Do not take more than 8 tbsp. (120 mL) in 24 hours.
- Temporarily relieves mild to moderate symptoms due to common cold and flu
- nasal/sinus congestion
- dry cough
- chest congestion or wet cough
- aches and pain
- sore throat pain
- Helps loosen phlegm or mucus and thin lung secretions
Warnings: Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day.
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of these symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with other products containing acetaminophen or other cough/cold or pain/fever medications. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen or the other active ingredients, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if allergic to any of the ingredients
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you
- been told that your body breaks down drugs slowly or taking other medications including the blood thinning drug warfarin
- heart or thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- kidney or liver disease
- difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate
- persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- have difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions as these could be signs of serious condition.
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms last for more than 5 days
- fever lasts for more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- nervousness, dizziness, sleeplessness or new symptoms occur or symptoms worsen
- are accompanied by a high fever (>38°C), persistent headache or the production of thick, yellow/green phlegm.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child.
In Case of Overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or get medical help right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Read the complete carton and label before use and follow all directions
- Do not use if bottle seal is broken or missing
- Child resistant package
- Store at 15 to 30°C.
(in each 15 mL or 1 tablespoonful (tbsp.))
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Cough Expectorant|
|Acetaminophen (extra strength) 500 mg||Pain reliever, Fever reducer|
Inactive ingredients Alcohol, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, D&C red no. 33, flavours, glycerin, menthol, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium cyclamate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water.