BENYLIN® Extra Strength Mucus & Phlegm Plus Cold Relief Caplets
Caplets BENYLIN® Anti-mucosités Plus soulagement du rhume
BENYLIN® EXTRA STRENGTH MUCUS & PHLEGM PLUS COLD RELIEF Caplets works in your lungs to break up tough mucus and phlegm, and clear it from your chest when you cough. This portable and convenient solution provides you with fast acting relief of your toughest cold symptoms whenever you want it.
Fast relief of:
- Mucus & Phlegm
- Chest Congestion
- Sore Throat Pain
- Dry Cough
- Nasal Congestion
- Aches & Pains
Packages of 24 caplets.
Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings).
- Use only on advice of a doctor
- Do not take more than directed (see liver warnings).
- Adult Use Only (12 years and older):
- Take 2 caplets every 6 hours
- Do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours.
- Temporarily relieves mild to moderate symptoms due to common cold and flu
- dry cough
- nasal/sinus congestion
- chest congestion or wet cough
- aches and pain
- sore throat pain
- Helps loosen phlegm or mucus and thin lung secretions
Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- while drinking 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day.
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of these symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with other products containing acetaminophen or other cough/cold or pain/fever medications. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen or the other active ingredients, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if allergic to any of the ingredients
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you
- been told that your body breaks down drugs slowly or are taking other medications including the blood thinning drug warfarin
- heart or thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- kidney or liver disease
- difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate
- persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions as these could be signs of serious condition
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms last for more than 5 days
- fever lasts for more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- nervousness, dizziness, sleeplessness or new symptoms occur or symptoms worsen
- are accompanied by a high fever (>38ºC), persistent headache or the production of thick, yellow/green phlegm.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. This package contains enough drug to seriously harm a child.
In Case of Overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or get medical help right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Read the complete label before use and follow all directions
- Do not use if a blister unit is broken
- Child resistant package
- Store at 15 to 30°C. Protect from light. Keep dry.
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg||Decongestant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Cough Expectorant|
|Acetaminophen (extra strength) 500 mg||Pain reliever, Fever reducer|
Candelilla wax, cellulose, corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, silica, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, zinc stearate.