BENYLIN® For Children All‑In‑One® COLD AND FEVER Syrup
Sirop BENYLIN® Pour enfants Tout‑en‑un® Rhume et fièvre
FOR CHILDREN AGES 6 – 11 YEARS
TRUSTED AND EFFECTIVE RELIEF FOR CHILDREN.
BENYLIN® For Children All-In-One® COLD AND FEVER Syrup is all-in-one solution that combines trusted BENYLIN® ingredients with a great tasting bubble gum flavour. Relieve your kids’ COLD & FEVER symptoms with 1 simple solution.
Fast relief of:
- Runny Nose
- Stuffy Nose
- Dry cough
- Sore Throat Pain
With Fever Relief
Bubble gum flavour, packaged in bottles of 100 mL.
- Do not exceed the single and maximum daily dose (see liver warnings). Overdose may result in serious harm
- Children (6 to under 12 years):
- Shake well before using
- For accurate dosing, follow instructions carefully
- Remove cap and squeeze dose into dosing cup
- Use only the measuring cup provided
- Give 10 mL (2 tsp.) every 4-6 hours, as needed
- Do not give more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- Temporarily relieves mild to moderate symptoms due to common cold
- dry cough
- stuffy nose
- sore throat pain
- runny nose
Warnings: Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if your child takes:
- more than the recommended dose in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen.
Symptoms of liver damage may include:
- yellow skin or eyes
- dark urine
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If any of these symptoms occur, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- with other products containing acetaminophen or other cough/cold or pain/fever medications. If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen or the other active ingredients, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if your child is allergic to any of the ingredients
- this product in children under 6 years of age
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you have a child that has
- a body that breaks down drugs slowly or takes any other medication including warfarin, sedatives or tranquilizers
- liver or kidney disease
- heart or thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- difficulty in urination
- persistent cough such as occurs with asthma, cough with excessive phlegm (mucus), difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions as these could be signs of a serious condition.
When using this product
- marked drowsiness or excitability may occur sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- do not use when child is engaged in activities requiring mental alertness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your child feels nervous, dizzy or cannot sleep
- symptoms last for more than 5 days
- fever lasts for more than 3 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- new symptoms appear or symptoms worsen
- are accompanied by a high fever (>38º C), or the production of thick yellow/green phlegm.
- allergic reactions such as wheezing, rash or itching develop. Side effects may include: allergic reaction, breathing difficulties, convulsions, drowsiness, hallucinations, and rapid heart rate.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
In Case of Overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or get medical help right away. Quick medical attention is critical, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Read the complete carton and label before use and follow all instructions.
- Do not use if carton is open or bottle neck band is missing or broken.
- Child resistant package.
- Store at 15 to 30°C. Protect from light.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL or 1 teaspoonful (tsp.))||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 7.5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 15 mg||Nasal decongestant|
|Acetaminophen 160 mg||Pain reliever, Fever reducer|
|Chlorpheniramine Maleate 1 mg||Antihistamine|
Butylparaben, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavour, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, water, xanthan gum.