ages 6-11 yrs
EFFECTIVE RELIEF FOR CHILDREN
BENYLIN® For Children Cough & Cold Syrup is an effective solution that relieves your child’s toughest cold symptoms.
Effective relief of:
- Dry Cough
- Stuffy Nose
Grape flavour, packaged in bottles of 100 mL
- Do not exceed the single and maximum daily dose. Overdose may result in serious harm.
Children (6 to under 12 years):
- Shake well before using
- Use only the enclosed dosage cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device
- Give 10 mL (2 tsp.) every 6 hours, as needed
- Do not give more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- Temporarily relieves
- dry cough due to minor throat irritation
- nasal congestion/pressure
- stuffy nose due to common cold
Do not use
- with other products containing any of these active ingredients
- with other cough/cold medications since harm may occur, unless recommended by a doctor
- if your child is allergic to any of the ingredients
- this product in children under 6 years of age
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you have a child that
- a body that breaks down drugs slowly or takes any other medication
- heart or thyroid disease
- decreased kidney function
- high blood pressure
- persistent cough as occurs with asthma
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions as these could be signs of a serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your child feels nervous ,dizzy or cannot sleep
- new symptoms appear, symptoms worsen or last for more than 7 days
- are accompanied by a high fever (>38°C), or the production of thick yellow/green phlegm
- allergic reactions such as wheezing, rash or itching develop. Side effects may include: allergic reaction, breathing difficulties, convulsions, drowsiness, hallucinations, and rapid heart rate.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Read the complete carton and label before use and follow all directions
- Do not use if bottle seal is broken or missing
- Child resistant package
- Store at 15 to 30°C.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL or 1 teaspoonful (tsp.))||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 7.5 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 15 mg||Decongestant|
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 2, flavours, glycerin, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium cyclamate, sorbitol, water.