BENYLIN® Extra Strength Cough & Chest Congestion Syrup For People With Diabetes
BENYLIN® Extra-puissant Toux et congestion bronchique
Pour personnes diabétiques
FIGHT YOUR WORST COUGH
BENYLIN® Cough & Chest Congestion for People with Diabetes is a trusted cough and cold symptom solution recognized by Diabetes Canada. This sugar-free†, sorbitol-free remedy is specially formulated with menthol, a decongestant suitable for people with Diabetes*, providing the same effective cough, congestion and mucus relief expected from the BENYLIN® brand.
Fast relief of:
- Cough with Phlegm
- Chest Congestion
- Nasal and Sinus Congestion
- Sore Throat Pain
†Sweetened with sodium saccharin and monoammonium glycyrrhizinate
*Read the complete label before use and follow all directions.
Packaged in bottles of 100 mL
- Shake well before using.
Adult Use Only (12 years and older):
- Take 2 tsp. (10 mL) every 6 hours
- Do not take more than 8 tsp. (40 mL) in 24 hours.
- Temporarily relieves
- dry cough
- nasal congestion
- chest congestion or wet cough
- sore throat pain due to common cold
- Helps loosen phlegm or mucus and thin lung secretions
Do not use
- more than the recommended dose
- with other products containing any of these active ingredients or other cough/cold medications
- if allergic to any of the ingredients
- with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you
- been told that your body breaks down drugs slowly or are taking other medications
- persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty breathing or other chronic lung conditions as these could be signs of a serious condition
- are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you develop wheezing, rash or itching
- symptoms last for more than 7 days
- sore throat pain lasts for more than 2 days
- new symptoms appear or symptoms worsen
- are accompanied by a high fever (>38°C), persistent headache or the production of thick yellow/green phlegm.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose: Call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Read the complete carton and label before use and follow all directions
- Do not use if band on cap is broken or missing
- Store at 15 to 30°C
- Sugar-free, Sorbitol-free: Sweetened with sodium saccharin and monoammonium glycyrrhizinate. Caloric Content: 19.8 Kcal/10 mL.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL or 1 teaspoonful (tsp.))||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Menthol 15 mg||Decongestant, Analgesic|
|Guaifenesin (extra strength) 200 mg||Cough Expectorant|
Alcohol, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavours, glycerin, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, water, xanthan gum.